Southend Hospital, along with our colleagues at Basildon and Broomfield Hospitals, have launched a new COVID-19 Rapid Response Appeal to raise funds to support our amazing staff during this challenging time.
The appeal is in place to help provide support wherever the need is greatest. Donations will fund projects such as:
· Care packages to provide snacks and toiletries for teams as they work intensively to care for patients
· Wellbeing resources to help alleviate stress for people while working under constant pressure
· Establishing fully equipped staff rest areas as places for people to take a break during periods of intensive work and ensure they are not too tired to drive home
· The provision of alternative transport to work such as taxi or a minibus if public transport is not available
· Care packages for patients including toiletries, puzzle/colouring books and dignity clothing
(please note, PPE equipment and ventilators are being procured and distributed centrally and the charity are unable to purchase these items independently at this stage)
As you know, during this critical time, NHS staff at Basildon, Broomfield and Southend Hospitals are working around the clock to look after patients in their care. We appreciate that our community are fundraising with good intentions and we are grateful for the support, however we are reminding people not to go out to collect food or essential items for our staff; the best thing you can do as a community is to stay home and stay safe. If you wish to help, we ask that donations are directed towards our latest appeal www.justgiving.com/campaign/MSEhelpyourhospital and as a team working alongside our colleagues in the hospital, MSE Hospitals Charity can make sure items of greatest need are purchased and are safely distributed.
Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
Many thanks and stay safe!
Kayley Donovan | Community Fundraising Manager | Department of Fundraising
Mid and South Essex University Hospitals Group
Southend University Hospital, Prittlewell Chase, Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex SS0 0RY
Tel: 01702 435555 ext 6401